Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pioneer Days at the Kidzeum - Grenada, Ms
 
 

              I was delighted to be part of the week long pioneer days project at Grenada Lower Elementary. Earlier in the week, students had packed a covered wagon and planned their trip. (Yes, a full-sized wagon was right in the middle of the Kidzeum!!)  I played the part of the pioneer woman they met on the trail. The stories were all true, coming from my family's history. I met with three groups, for a total of around 450 children!


              I also played the part of a Native American woman, playing the Native flute and telling traditional Native American folktales.


          Audience members always love becoming part of the story.

                  
                   Grenada Lower Elementary is K - grade 2 and these kids were great actors!
               
 
Audience members help me with a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment